1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LED Inlays......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BenFiglio, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Ok i realize this is the effects section and i figured that the lights were an effect so let me know if this is the wrong area......But how do you do it im wanting to put so flashing LEDs in my inlays but have no clue where to star or how to do it. does any one have any help?

2. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    what are these inlays you speak of?

and describe EXACTLY what you want to do, I can probably help, but I need more details

3. normally that would take either making a new neck, or signifficant (expensive) work on your exsisting neck

4. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Not exactly what you described, but may work for ya and would be a whole not easier to install:

http://www.fretfx.com/

I haven't used them personally, but some of the guyz over at the Eden Forums love 'em...

5. +1... I know guys that have them and love them, easy to install and can be removed without damage to the guitar, although it trashes the LED's. They aren't just for show...they help you see where you are on the neck on a dark stage.

6. Do you mean this sort of thing?

[​IMG][/IMG]

This was done for me during construction and would I imagine it to be quite a tricky and expensive thing to do as a retro fit, whether it be in the fretboard or headstock like mine.

Regards

Matthew

7. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Are you talking about LED Fret Markers? Like this?

frontface.

Sims is generally regarded as the best in the business, but it's also very expensive.