LED lights retrofitted

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Sep 2, 2001.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey whats up guys and girls

Ok i think that LED lights are about the coolest thing since sliced bread on a nice bass. I once saw a website that advertised they could retrofit LED's on a neck. I guess they lift the fretboard and put them in that way, i' not sure. I would love to be able to do this to my stingray. If anyone knows what website this is, or anyone that could do this for me, could u please send me the link.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think Sims LEDs (The leader in LEDs, I've heard) will retrofit your bass, I'm pretty sure.
  3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    thanks for the idea. Could you tell me what the website is for Sims please, thanks.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

5. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Talking about LEDs in the fretboard...

Does anyone remember a few years ago when Optek released the Fretlight guitars and basses? The one where you turn a knob on the guitar and the corresponding chords, scales or modes show up on the fretboard lit up? I almost bought the bass version... but went for my 6 string instead. Best decision I ever made. However, they were a good idea - a good way to learn the fretboard.