Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LED on Boss Octave Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by camerondye, Feb 20, 2001.

1. camerondye

camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    Someone over the internet sold me an OC-2 octave pedal with the LED light out without tellin' me, Is there any way to replace the bulb for it or am I S.O.L.? Thanks for any help you can give.
    cam

2. A good repair tech should be able to replace it not too expensively($20-30 at my favorite shop), it ain't a job for an amateur, so unless you're skilled don't attempt it.

3. camerondye

camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    Is that a electronics repair shop or a music repair shop?
    cameron

4. A musical electronics repair shop, not trying to dance around the subject but if you take it to a place that fixes TVs they ain't gonna even know what it is. Any good size music store should have an electronics tech or someone that they use.

5. Knobby

Knobby

Feb 23, 2001
    Oregon
    I went down to the local electronics shop, and the part was so cheap they didn't even charge me.

I brought in my Boss DC-2 to show them the size and it took about 5 minutes to replace the LED myself with a soldering gun.

It really was a piece of cake, and I wish I had done it sooner. I thought I might need a schmatic, part number, the voltage of the LED - none of that, they just handed me this little LED with long leads. Took the bad one out and soldered in the new guy, trimmed the excess and slapped it back together.