Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Led Zeppelin Medley...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by relman, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Alright, talent show's coming up soon...me, my friend and another two guys are planning to do a led zeepelin medley...we have chosen one, "Ramble on", and we need another one (Preferrably harder) in the key of E, any suggestions?

-btw, whole lotta love has been done...

2. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    I can't quit you baby -- is good
    so is -- you shook me

S

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Hearth breaker!

oh and black dog

4. Heartbreaker is the perfect follow up to Ramble On IMO.

5. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    One of my bands does "Whole Lotta Love" and instead of all the noise-making in the center section, we insert "What Is And What Should Never Be", then back to the outro for "Whole Lotta Love".

We've put "Ramble On" in place of "What Is..." before and it worked out fine. Both tunes in E.

6. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    'Rock'n Roll' or 'Communication Breakdown'.

7. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    When you say you want a "harder" tune...do you mean more difficult or a more aggressive, rockin' tune? "How Many More Times" is easier, but rocks more. It's in E and it's easy to fool with for medleys.

8. more agressive

9. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    You could use Moby Dick in E to segue between things... Just an idea!

10. I didnt realize how many zeppelin songs are in E, it makes for some very cool medleys, if you really wanna be cool, decide on the spot, and see how it goes!

11. i think we've settled with "Ramble on" followed by "Bring it on Home"...unless someone can think of another agressive tune in E...

12. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Two words:

"The Rover"