1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

led zeppelin reuniting!?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Jun 27, 2007.

1. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

It won't be Led Zep without John Bonham! :meh:

I saw them live in 1974 and his contribution to their sound was immense!

3. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    There's a new rumour of Led Zep reforming every week. I'll believe it when it happens. I won't have the cash to see them anyway.

4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

You can't reunite when a member of the band is dead.

5. DblG

DblG

Apr 27, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
  6. That's sort of old news to me. Doesn't change the fact that it isn't right, but I still think some of their best stuff was original (their later more experimental stuff), which was also some of their most influential stuff IMO.

7. While Stairway was a great song, it was one of the weaker Zeppelin songs, IMO.

I'd LOVE to see a Led Zeppelin reunion. Jason Bonham on drums and all!

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm not at all interested unless Bonham is coming back.

9. Prolly safe to say a LOT of people would be interested if John Bonham came back!!! :eek:

:D

10. steve66

steve66

Sep 17, 2005
    South Florida
    If any one is going to Drum, Im glad its going to be Jason. Dad would be proud. That said, I am definately going if they are playing in the USA. I never seen them live and would like to especially see John Paul Jones play.

11. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    When I read this, I thought someone put a hit on Page, Plant and Jones.

Thanks heavens they are still alive.

12. Basshole

Basshole Inactive

Jan 28, 2005

Zach Starky (Ringo's kid) is also supposedly a suitable Bonham replacement, from what I understand.

Regardless, I fear it wouldn't be at all impressive, as Plant has grown to suck pretty hard, and Page hasn't really progressed musically, from what I understand. I fear it would indeed approach the level of Karaoke. Let's hope for the best...

13. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I'll say this: John Paul Jones can still rock. If you haven't seen this YouTube video, you should check it out. Playing a 10 string bass and ripping out a pretty sweet solo with what sounds like a Whammy pedal. Good stuff.

If nothing else, he looks a hell of a lot better than Page or Plant and 15 years or so younger than the 61 that he really is. And I thought it was Page that sold his soul to the devil . . .

14. Dude, it's Robert Plant. He's not the Plant he one was, age will do that, but I think it's sacreligious to say he "sucks pretty hard". Some of my favorite Plant stuff was some of his older solo stuff. Now & Zen is one of my favorite discs. Sure it's older, but still! :)

15. VERY cool!

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I have that Spirit album.

17. Robbiethebassis

Robbiethebassis

Mar 29, 2006
    John Paul Jones is my idol, I'll go anywhere to see them play.

18. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA

Yeah, John Paul has clearly aged better than Robert. As for the 10 string bass solo, I don't know whether it was the monotony of the song or the fact that it just didn't sound like bass, but it didn't do much for me. It was, however, intriguing at first.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021