1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

led zeppelin reuniting!?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I figure the technology we have these days... radioactive spiders and whatnot... I could see it happening.

2. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    I believe thats an 8 string octaved bass, not a 10 as far as I can tell. Great playing though. He's definitely still got it.

3. steve66

steve66

Sep 17, 2005
    South Florida
    Thanks for the video. JPJ definiately still rocks hard and still looks very comfortable on stage.

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Nope, look closely (at the strings or the headstock) it's a 10 string octaved bass. What I'm not sure of is how it's strung. I would assume BEADG but it looks like it might be EADGC (w/ octaves of course).

5. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Even if Plant was not up to par, I would still go see them live. I am 24 and would never otherwise have the chance.

I prefer this video of JPJ to the other one

6. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    My bad, you're absolutely right.

7. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    JPJ strings his 10 strings EADGC so that he can do more chordal work and play higher melodies. He was one of the few people who actually played the original Fender V, which was strung EADGC.

8. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    I have seen Page 3 diffrent times and I think we should all pitch in and by is guitar tech a tuner because he was never in tune once:meh:

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Lot's of other cool vids linked to that one, too!

10. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Yep, I really like the acoustic version of Going To California on the octaved ukulele!

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I don't think I've heard an electric version...
    :confused: :smug:

12. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Fair enough :)

13. louieeadg

louieeadg uncle petey?

Jun 13, 2007
    outer banks, nc
    I thought he played that on a mandolin?

14. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Looks like a ukulele but I could be wrong, I dont know much about these.

15. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007

Jason would seem the obvious choice. But...

I have some 19 year old bootleg footage of the Jimmy Page Outrider tour, a concert they did at Phoenix, AZ. Jason Bonham on drums. Not intending to be cruel, but he wasn't near the talent on drums that his father was. But that was 19 years ago. Maybe he's improved a lot since then.

The concert in general wasn't great. You could tell that Pagey was rusty.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021