Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jesse Blue, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Jesse Blue

Jesse Blue Guest

Mar 18, 2001
    chattanooga tn
    What's the general feeling with having LEDs in your fingerboards? Do y'all think it's something that will stand out at the gig, or what?:confused:
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What Allodox said.

I'd have much better use for my money.
  3. I think they look cool!!! When I get some dosh together I'm gonna see about getting some installed on my REX2000/5 - green ones to go with the holoflash finish!!!
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think they would be very useful for me - just side dots. gigging in the near-dark, which many of the places that i've gigged at in the past seem to be, would be helped by having them, i think.
  5. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I like 'em...at least as position markers. They don't stand out too much, but definitely have benefits when you're playing in dark places.

I've played a few basses that had them on the fingerboard and they were kind of distracting. But, I'd leave it up to personal preference.
  6. why not just put those purple lights on the back of your bass like ppl put under their cars? Are ppl seriously "ricing" out musical instruments now?

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Hello Jesse,Kool to see you here at TB.There is,and could be a logical purpose for the use of LEDs,being that sometimes normal visibility may become hampered.plus some of the LED applications do look nice.
  8. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I think they are cool, BUT way to expensive. :( They would help in dark situations like JT said, but hey, this is JT we are talking about!! :D
  9. I dig em. Except I'd try to build my own in $30 in components.

But I do like Sims LED's way of moving along to the rhythm the instrument is being played...like a VU meter. But I'd only want them on at certain times...and I'd only want them to dance for a certain amount of time.

Taking the fingerboard off has to be the real @#$. Maybe buy a really cheap neck off of ebay. One that has the headstock broken off or something. Practice practice practice.
  10. I've never understood why people would waste $1000 on making christmas decorations on a bass...

I'd rather buy a $1000 more expensive bass!
  11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member