lee sklar sighting

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by neptoon, Mar 2, 2003.

1. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    so i was flippin' through the channels a bit ago and i run across sheryl crow on CMT crossroads so i had to stop...sheryl is like, the bomb, right? hee hee at any rate i see this big honkin' beard in the background, so guess who's holdin' sheryl's bottom (pun intended?--i wish i were... :D ) down? mister leland sklar. cool. oh yeah, she was playing with willie nelson. neato...
  2. I once saw Lee playing with James Taylor, about 15 years ago. He is wicked live, just kept the band bubbling along.
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    funny you mentioned james taylor...he was on CMT crossroads playing with the dixie chicks right after the sheryl crow show.
  4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Just saw Lee a few months ago playing with Billy Cobham. That dude is solid.
  5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I saw him live sometime in the mid-90's playing for Phil Collins. I've also heard that among hundreds of older, established artists he's recorded with, he's been recording with young, new artists as well, including Vanessa Carlton, the piano chick.
  6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    lee sklar has MaDdd sK1llZz
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think he and Father Time would be dead ringers for one another?
  8. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

What a GREAT nickname that would be for him:)

9. LOL!
    I read an article on him many years ago, and at that stage he had played on over 2000 albums!!!