Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

leeds/reading fest...what did peeps think?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassQueen, Aug 31, 2002.

1. yo all! what did you all think of the marvel that was leeds/reading festival? personally.....i thought some of the bands rocked serious ass...bands like sahara hotnights, jon spencer blues explosion, jesse james, lightyear, goldfinger, muse, foo fighters and especially PUDDLE OF MUDD! (lol) :p
    who was everyone elses favourite band(s)?
    and what did you think of the riots at leeds?!!
    xxx

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    I thought it was awful :oops:

yes, I failed to get a ticket :D

3. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    It was cool.

I thought Muse were all a bunch of conceited wankers. Then I saw them.

They were easily the best band of the weekend by far.

After them, I'd say Prodigy, the atmosphere was brilliant once it got going and they put on a hell of a show.

Incubus were good, Alex/Dirk is an amazing bassist, all the little fills and stuff he played were sweet. Shame it was almost all newer stuff...

Feeder were pretty good as were Goldfinger... Can't think of any more right now.

Anyone at Reading see the drum off with the metal bin and tent poles? On the Sunday night in the yellow campsite, that was my drummer (the one with long blond hair) who beat everyone and was by far the best there.

Anyway, all in all a fun weekend.

BTW BA I paid £170 for my ticket off ebay cos they all sold out by the time I decided I wanted to go.