Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LeFay Pangton basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Onesidezero, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Does anyone know anything about these basses? They're headless, made in germany, and I can't find a website or any other info. If you have the latest issue of BP Mag (Raphael Saadiq on the cover), flip to page 18 - Wyzard from Mother's Finest is rocking that bass! If anyone has any info, drop me a line!

2. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    This is the official website www.lefay.de ; but only in german

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I always "promote" Reiner's basses around here... :D
    They've been dream basses for years, unfortunately I never have enough money to actually order one.
    Wyzzard has his Le Fay for more than 10 years IIRC - he paid for it too!!

Reiner Dobbratz, who builds these basses, is a really nice guy, and his basses are quite legendary in Germany.
    He also makes his own pickups, which are widely used by German bass companies, e.g. Jens Ritter, Christof Kost etc. - they're the "German Lane Poors" so-to-speak.

For more info, drop Matz (Webmaster) an email:
    preise@le-fay.com

I posted some price info here just yesterday:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51561

4. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks guys! I'm loving his stuff! :D Does anyone know the conversion for Euro to $?

5. LowRanger

LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
  6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's pretty much 1 : 1 now

7. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Yup, sure is. So do you have a LeFay, or do you just know about them? Also, does anyone know of a converter that'll change an entire website's language? Or should I just learn German? ;)

8. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    You can use babelfish.altavista.com, but the problem is that a) it's sloooow :) and b) any text embedded in images won't get converted. Also it's not always the best translator. . .

9. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks mate, I'll give it a shot! I just wanna get a general idea of what he's saying - should provide for some funny sentences, anyway...:D :D

10. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Heh-heh...check this out:

Approximately around Le Fay gives it again each quantity to information, which you find here: all important one and knowledge values approximately around wood and magnet.

But: we do not want to let Hektik arise here. Therefore comfortably, takes to you a beer from the refrigerator (it stands there right...) puts you and clicks you by our Site.

LOL...:D :D :D

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    :D

LMAO!

ever seen the Babelizer?

12. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    ???

13. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    http://www.tashian.com/multibabel/

Take some perfectly normal speech, like this for instance. Run it through the Babelizer. It translates it several times through various different languages, using the Altavista site, then back to English. The results are almost always completely indecipherable. Like so:

"If you stop to make examinación of perfectly normal the certain speech, therefore like example. Lasciste he of the operation of the Babelizer. It translates diverse times of different the diverse languages, using the place of the system of Alta Vista, the other part with the English. It gives return to him for him is for is not totally decodable almost always. Ace, as it follows: "

Hmm, that one actually almost makes sense. Sometimes it's so wrong it hurts.

14. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Babelizer, another time-killing webtoy!

Translating the line -
    "Let me explore the inner chambers of the castle."

=

"Part of the left studied to me internal of the closing."

Thanks Taylor, I love it! :D

15. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Thanks!

A single run through of "Don't you step on my blue suede shoes" yielded, "You do not produce in my blue ice-slides of Sweden." !!!

It also totally mangled the preamble to the Constitution.