LeFay Remington sound clip

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by christoph h., Jul 22, 2003.

1. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    ok, this is for neptoon. i started a new thread because sound clips are always something special. :D

the bass was recorded through a hartke kickback 15-combo's headphone-out into a sb-live's line-in. everything set flat. i played some (midi-)drums and keys to hide some of my miserable intonation and technique. i played two different basslines over the loop. one features the bridge p/u(s), the other one the neck p/u(s).

unfortunately some distortion occured and i didn't have the time to tweak the settings. but it's not too bad.

you can download the clip here:

i hope you like it.
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
  3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  4. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, right on, man! thanks for the clip. i would've thought that you would've gotten a more trebley tone with the steel fingerboard, but it doesn't seem that way at all. very cool. thanks again!
  5. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    wow, i love that tone!

6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, me too...i really like the sound i get out of the hartkes...the sounds you can get from the contour controls is el-coolio. i gotta get me a lefay :D i'm tellin' ya...that herr schwarz bass is calling me name (literally) :D
  7. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    thanks for the nice comments!

they actually motivated me to record another clip.
    this time i removed the hartke and plugged the
    bass right into my line-in using an adaptor.

it was done in a bit of a hurry, but "shows" the bass' great sound nicely.

this clip features two different p/u settings, but both feature the neck p/us:

8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    sweet sounding bass, man...reiner builds 'em good