1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Left Hand Pain

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by GaryM92009, Mar 7, 2008.

1. GaryM92009

GaryM92009

Dec 9, 2007
    San Diego
    I have not played in about 15 years. My left hand KILLS, especially around the 1st 5-7 frets. It's in my wrist, but moreso on my upper forearm (meaning not palm side.) I have a little arthritis. Do you think it's just exercises or is it possible I'm just getting old and deal with it? I've been practicing for about 3 months. I play a Stingray 4 with 45-100 strings.

Thanks

2. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    Does it start as soon as you start practicing your bass or after a long period?

My forearms hurt when it's very humid out and i have to struggle to play my lines at a show.

I've also noticed since getting into theory (go go me after 9 years)
    I get a little pain when practicing the natural scales in the right positioning after a while, but it's that kinda good stretching workout type pain.

you might want to get it checked out if it's happening all the time. always better to solve the problem rather than ignoring it and hoping for the best when it's only going to get owrse.