Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Left Hand Players - Show Your Bass (-:

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hookha, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Hookha

Hookha

Nov 6, 2005
    Lefty Players show Your sweetie here :cool:

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Lefty basses are half as sexy.

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
  4. rymix

rymix

Mar 14, 2006

5. LOL!! I believe there's "jack" missing from that, but ya never know.

edit---Forget Ass the movie, I just noticed the movie on top of it: Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back!!! YEAH! Glad to see there's at least one other Kevin Smith fan in here!
    "*** is the internet?"

6. That Warwick 6'er is dead sexy, but not nearly as much as the custom! WOW!

As for "ass the movie", "Jack" is missing from the photo, but it's much funnier this way!

And Kevin Smith f'n ROCKS! Jersey Girl, however, was dissappointing.......:oops:

My wife and I are hopefully planning a trip to NJ to have a "Jersey trilogy" tour. :D

Oh, and yes, the bass sounds awesome...............;)

7. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all my others except an epi accubass (truely not worthy of a picture) are righties.

8. JJBACOOMBA

JJBACOOMBA Commercial User

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lecompte Bass Owners Club Member #2
    05 Lecompte VB5 Freteless
    95 Alembic Epic
    Both are lefty, strung righty.

Attached Files:

9. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    One of these basses cost less than the strings for the other

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Yeah, Jersey Girl kinda sucked. Not really THAT bad of a movie, but terrible compared to his previous work.

I live in NY, about 40 minutes from that area of Jersey. I don't know why I haven't made the pilgremidge myself. I plan on doing it sometime.

Oh and one more thing....did you know he's making a Clerks 2 :hyper: :hyper:

@ pklima--That double-neck, it looks like it's strung up for a righty....and both necks look identical. What's the point in having 2 of the same neck? Or am I missing something?

11. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    One neck's tuned in fourths (standard) and the other in fifths. That neck also has the pickup moved a little closer to the bridge to get better clarity out of the C string.

The tripleneck is tuned: E, BE, CGD. The DB is tuned standard. And I play everything lefty-strung-righty.

12. OK....so do you still play it left handed, just with the strings backwards? Or do you just play a lefty bass backwards, Hendrix style?

13. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    I play left-handed with the fat strings on the bottom.

14. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    These are my two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one is on the way:

[​IMG]

15. JJBACOOMBA

JJBACOOMBA Commercial User

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lecompte Bass Owners Club Member #2
    Friends used to call me the dyslexic( spelling) bass player . LOL!! I'm right handed but bass is the only thing I do left handed.Been like that for over 20 years and always worked, so I quess I was doin something right. LOL!!

Ass the movie - wonder if Cartman is gonna let butters watch that one. LOL!!

16. That's really weird. I never heard of someone playing like that. I assume you learned like that from the beginning? I can't imagine trying to learn that now after having played normally for so long.

17. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    That's subjective, I think. :p

Here's my Squier and my Status whose grain is impossible to capture with my lacking photography skills

[​IMG]

My beaten, defretted ATK and another attempt to make my Status look good in photographs:

[​IMG]

18. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Actually, take a look a few posts above:

Yeah, learned that way from the beginning. I can make reasonable noise on a lefty-strung bass, though.