1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Left handed Fender Vintage on CL 73/74

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rocky, May 1, 2010.

1. Rocky

Rocky Banned

Jul 21, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Hello everyone, I saw this on CL and thought I'd share. Seems pricey to me, but that is just my opinion.
    I hope I am not breaking any forum rules by posting this, and I have no affiliation with the seller. I know how hard it is for left handed people to find instruments, and that' is why I posted this.

As new Lefty Fender 73/74 P Bass.
    The Real Deal.
    Have to sell due to Family needs.
    Call 619 - 933 - 1156. Please... serious buyers only
    Ten Grand is the price of this collectors piece.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/1709611433.html

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ridiculously over the top pricey.

Lousy pics too.

3. Ned Starks Head

Ned Starks Head Yis, actually.

Sep 25, 2004
    Charlotte NC
    ^^What HE said.

Yeah, being a lefty myself, it takes a little more work to find something you like. I've had to give up on the "ALWAYS play it before you buy it" thing; nobody's got lefty's on the wall ready to sell at GC, Sam Ash, or anywhere else, unless it's 1 solitary low end Ibanez.....which is not my thing.

That being said, there are tons of more options now for lefty's online than there used to be, as long as you make sure the return policy is favorable.
    This CL seller is obviously trying to take advantage of the percieved 'rareness' of this lefty.:rollno:

$10,000......maybe for a pre CBS P or J.

At that price, that dude's gonna be looking at that bass for a loooong time.

BTW, thanks for the thought, Rocky. It is appreciated. :)

Most of the time the only reason a righty is interested in anything lefty is when they want to put a lefty neck on their right handed bass because they think it looks cool......:scowl:

....ehh, it doesn't.

4. Rocky

Rocky Banned

Jul 21, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Well maybe I'm more sensitive to left handed players needs due to the fact that I am left handed, but I play right handed.

5. Mr. Black

Mr. Black

Oct 23, 2007
    Portland, TX
    I personally think that this cat has lost his mind..... But, if someone pays, more power to him.