Left Handed Gibson for 2017

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by suededoesit, Jan 11, 2017.

1. suededoesit

suededoesit

Jan 28, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Any of the lefties out there familiar with this site? Gibson Left Handed Guitars and Basses 2014 Is it legit? Anyone heard anything about Gibson starting production on left handed basses/guitars? Just curious, these guys are often updating their site and I'm curious how reliable their information might be. Thanks in advance.

2. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    South Bend, Indiana
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a legit site. and if they visit the shows; talk to company reps, etc., I'd say their info is solid enough. That said, I doubt there'll be another lefty Gibson bass to put beside my '13 T-Bird any time soon...

3. Basvarken

Basvarken Commercial User

Dec 3, 2010
    Velp Rockcity
    Amateur Luthier / Gibson Bass Book
    The new EB 2017 will be available for left handed players too.

left-handed-gibson-eb-bass-2017.jpg

suededoesit likes this.
  4. suededoesit

suededoesit

Jan 28, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I bought the very same bass, '13 Tbird. Took nearly 8 mos. to get it AFTER paying in advance and all those other things that go with buying from the Custom Shop. Glad I have it now, but I don't know if I'd want my money tied up that long with NO bass. Well, maybe.

5. GIBrat51

Mar 5, 2013
    South Bend, Indiana
    Well, you'd never know it from looking at their website. If you click "Left handed" all you get are 6 guitars; none of which, according to their individual threads, are left-handed, either. But, I have all the pointy basses I need (or want), anyway. If they decide to make a lefty Flying-V bass, though - I'll be first in line...:)

suededoesit likes this.
  6. GIBrat51

Mar 5, 2013
    South Bend, Indiana
    Gee, I'm quoting myself... but, this thread needs a bump anyway. I'm pretty good friends with the Guitar/Bass dept. manager at the local Sam Ash store; so, a couple of week's ago I asked him to call his contact at Gibson. When he asked if they were going to make any leftys this year, I could hear the derisive laughter on the other end of the phone. And, when my friend told him "some of my customers can't play right handed" to the guy's comment after he stopped laughing? I'll let you guess what Gibson's attitude is, regarding left handed basses in 2017... no, I won't. The answer is "NO. If you want a new Gibson bass, learn to play right handed"...:rollno: :rollno:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  7. suededoesit

suededoesit

Jan 28, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    That stinks. I got a very similar reaction when I asked my Musiciansfriend rep the same question. He said he knew nothing about it, even after I read articles to the contrary online. I guess 2013 was the last year of production?

8. GIBrat51

Mar 5, 2013
    South Bend, Indiana
    DSCN0308.JPG Yeah, that seems to be the case. Guess you and I got lucky...:thumbsup: (please note the mandatory rolled up towel under the headstock...)

suededoesit, Gaolee and freedomryder like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021