Left handed going to Right handed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Undrei, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Undrei

Undrei

Jun 16, 2017
    I'm left handed and using a left handed bass for like 3 years now. I got it for like under $100 (thousands in my country). It was not a very good bass. It is heavy, and has bad sound quality. But since left handed bass is rare in my country, I just have to deal with it.

After 3 years I finally wanted to buy a new one so I went to the closest store in my place and asked a store employee if they have a lefty one. He told to me that they don't have one and said that I should probably consider buying a right handed because left handed bass is really hard to find. I may find one but it might be just like my old one. So I was thinking to buy a right handed one.

Is it still possible for me to learn right handed? I tried reversing my bass when practicing but it was really hard.

Thanks in advance!

2. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    This may not be helpful but look up videos on you tube for "Mono Neon". He is a lefty that plays right hand basses upside down! You may agree that he's quite talented and draw some inspiration from that.
    Good luck, Robert Page (not Page).

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021