Left handed Jaco signature bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass-Teddy, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Bass-Teddy

Bass-Teddy

Feb 10, 2009
    Hungary
    Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any idea, about Fender makin' Lefty Jaco Pastorius (not the C.S. one) basses?

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    You might get the custom shop to build you one, but there's no way in hell they'll make them any other way.

3. Zuhzuhzombie!!

Zuhzuhzombie!!

Jun 4, 2008
    I've seen one at a Guitar Center, but I believe it may have been a Squire. Didn't have the Jaco name on it, IIRC, but it had the same burst color, no pick guard, fretless.

4. Bass-Teddy

Bass-Teddy

Feb 10, 2009
    Hungary
    hm...custom shop....bloody 4200$... >.< I'll buy a Fodera NYC instead. Thx guys

5. Doublefunk

Doublefunk

Sep 11, 2008
    Virginia
    You probably saw a squire VM fretless zombie. It looks a lot like jaco's. That may be the closest thing you'll get to a left handed jaco signature with out a custom job.

6. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I doubt anybody's seen a lefty fretless Jazz by either Fender of Squier, as they never made any.

7. Bass-Teddy

Bass-Teddy

Feb 10, 2009
    Hungary
    there is only (shame...) standard P-bass and vintaged j-bass by Squier, in Left Handed...... Poor leftys....us..:bawl:

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021