1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LEFTY 1960 Jazz on Ebay scam

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LHbassist, Mar 11, 2008.

1. LHbassist

LHbassist Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Reno, Nevada
    Hello fellow leftys.. I just saw Joe Long's 1960 Jazz bass on Ebay, yes, the one that just sold for $29,001.00 about two weeks ago. Someone in the UK has it listed, same bass...serial # and pics for only $11,000. U.S. ***? Looks like a scam to me.

Here's the item # in case you'd like to see it, don't bid!

Here is THE ORIGINAL auction...220204352097

You don't have to log in to Ebay, just copy and paste these numbers in the search box.

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Yeah, I'd bet it is a scam.

3. Yeah, probably is a scam. Sent a report.

4. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Looks like a scam indeed. It's amazing what people try and DO get away with...

The original seemed to be legit though. The guy who bought it replied with positive feedback loving the bass.

5. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Yep. Identical. Crazy. Report it!

6. LHbassist

Apr 4, 2003
    Reno, Nevada
    I DID report this faker, before I posted it here...looks like as of 5 p.m., p.s.t., its off Ebay. I hope they catch the a- hole. If nothing else, lefties are observant!

7. codsack

codsack

Mar 9, 2008
    wilmington nc
    Hello fellow lowenders! Yes scams stealing other peoples pics and hijacking legit accounts is so prevelant on ebay especially for newbies.I buy and sell vintage Fender basses and now I call the seller to make sure he is legit and feel him out.The real give away is when they use bad english,have a ridiculously low price and ALWAYS ask you use an alternate email than the ebay seller name.:mad:..I f*&%^d with one last year saying I only had 200 bucks and he offered to "be kind and give great saving" sell me a 65 jazz,,, just western union the 200 to him asap:hyper: ...he's still waiting:crying:

8. LHbassist

Apr 4, 2003
    Reno, Nevada
    I just typed in the item number (The Relisted scam attempt) and the original seller posted a scam warning on Ebay!
    Here it is again, below for those that would like to see it. I feel after reporting it, like I did a good deed today...now can I have a cookie?