lefty basses under 1000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mrmoonlight88, Aug 16, 2002.

1. im almost 100% sure that im getting a job as a food server at a retirement home. its part time, and ill be making around 500 a month. This means im in the market for a new bass. so far the choices are warwick corvette standard, or a stingray. i know its best to find the one that feels the best to me, and im just asking if theres any other quality leftys under our around 1000.
  2. Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    for that price you have 2 main options: buy used and youll be buying something very good, sound quality, etc. or buy new but you know its not gonna be in the +1000 level, so say bye to all the great things that you can find for a couple of hundred bucks more.
    talking about basses, fender have some lefties but i guess hard to find, rick 4003, good bass imo, warwick too (but its hard to find lefty wicks), spector, etc.
    im lefty too and if i were goin to change my bass, i'd choose any warwick, spector or ibanez. but just my opinion.
  3. Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    you said you like the corvette, so if u like it go for it, but its gotta be used cause the price is over 1000, but not too much (just 199 more). like most of the people here and i think, the best thing you can do is go to your nearest shop (or the one u want) and check out all the basses u like and compare, pros and cons, and see whats confortable (sp?) and if thats what you want. anyways, check em all before buyin but do some researches to make sure you have a previous idea of your hunt.

p.s: eye candy is attached.

4. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    My MIM Fender Jazz with a BADASS II bridge does the job with excellence.

I paid about $450 with tax (newest model I think too) and all that, prolly got ripped off, but it was better than waiting 6 months for Fender to build one.
  5. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    MIA Fender Hot Rod P Bass. Can be had for around 600-800 new or used :D

Good luck with the new job. :eek: