Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lefty Basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kLumick, Apr 4, 2004.

1. kLumick

kLumick

Apr 4, 2004
    Hey guys, I'm new here, and I need some advice. I NEED to get rid of my old Rogue, sooooo. Can you guys recommend Me a left bass for under $450?

CRAP, i realized i should have just used the search button.

2. Fender Standard Jazz Lefty.

3. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles

My MIM Fender Jazz is definitely the best bass I've ever played. God I love this thing. Plus, stores usually cary these unlike other lefty models!

4. kLumick

kLumick

Apr 4, 2004
    Thanks guys, thats what was on my mind, and now it's confirmed!

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i have a lefty MIM Jazz with a custom pickguard job (looks like the MMiller jazz). it's souped up: aguilar obp-3, bartolini humbuckers, badass bridge, hipshot detuner, DR or Ken Smith SS strings - my bass sounds great!

i just got a brice 5 string lefty from:

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=850849|1136902&PRID=1078654

good little bass for the money, but needs some barts and a pre. i also need to file down the nut, the B and E are a little too high. i only paid 300 for this thing.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Ya... about lefty...
    I kind of though that I could not play right handed at all... could never play acoustic guitar right handed so it felt impossible. Was going to go with edge1 lefty ... very nice bass for 240$... in the end went with edge4 in store its 380$ i got it for 200$ new plus 20$ shipping...
    But think about it…
    I don't know, when I was looking I got kind of pissed at people telling me to go right handed because it felt and look impossible, but after I played it for 4 hours it felt better, so I went for it... right now its fine for me... and dean edge4... very nice bass, could be better if it was edge5 but 4 is enough for me:]

Right handed has much more choice and I think its doable… feels very weird at 1st, got used to it, now it feels perfect:] so think about it… try it… much more choice, it took me 4 hours to guess that I can do it and about 10days to get used to it, after that its perfect:]

As for left handed bass… besides edge1 which is too cheap for you probably I really didn’t feel any other for myself… fender wasn't bad… just not squire, I didn’t quite like squire, it felt like it was going to fall apart in my hands that would be reason I went with right

good luck:]

7. LeftyBassPlayer

LeftyBassPlayer Guest

Apr 2, 2004
    Pineville,WV
    Try an Ibanez SR300DX