Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lefty Basses...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sloppopotamus, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Sloppopotamus

Sloppopotamus

Feb 21, 2006
    Hello...

I have a couple of eBay Lefties up for sale if you're interested... Check 'em out.

An SR5...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7392847736&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

And a Warwick Thumb Neck-Through...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7392861827&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

My sincere apologies if this type of thing is not allowed on here. I looked over the FAQ, and didn't really see anything about promoting an eBay sale, etc.

I also thought that since these are lefty basses I'm talking about, there might be some leniency toward the subject since we're ridiculed enough already. :smug:

Anyway, thanks and sorry if I pissed anyone off... :meh:

2. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Read the STICKIES:

"Clarification on the anti spam rule as applicable to the Basses forum - please read

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heya folks

i am going to try and clarify the anti-spam rules a bit here for the basses forum. we have well meaning folks sharing their information here in the threads and perhaps not realizing that they are stepping across the lines.

here's the forum rule on the topic: "The posting of non-solicited advertisments in the forums will not be tolerated. Examples
    include starting a new thread for the purpose of advertising a product for your business, or posting an ad to a pre-existing thread
    that does not pertain to the thread's topic. If you submit a post about your business, be sure it is worded tastefully, on-topic,
    and not a generic SPAM. Moderators have absolute discretion. Please contact TalkBass to discuss legit advertising
    opportunities".

i am going to clarify this with respect to the basses forum.

1. as per the forum usage agreement, no threads with the specific intent of advertising a product can be started. that means that no pricing information can be included in the thread. furthermore, if an instrument is built with the intention of being sold then that's a no-no. however, if you are building an instrument for a specific person, such as another member here at talkbass, i see no problem with sharing that info as long as it's informational only."

This post will self-destroy in 10, 9, 8, 7 . . .

3. 20 bucks will get you into the FOR SALE section of the forum.

4. Sloppopotamus

Sloppopotamus

Feb 21, 2006
    Yes, I read that in the Sticky, but it's only talking about Spamming, e.g. "starting a new thread for the purpose of advertising a product for your business, or posting an ad to a pre-existing thread
    that does not pertain to the thread's topic."

I didn't consider posting an eBay link advertising for my business, so I thought it was Ok.

Ah well... thanks for the info, and sorry about that.

:meh: