lefty feeling left out

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by somethingcre8iv, Dec 21, 2004.

1. somethingcre8iv

Dec 21, 2004
    I need a nice bass for christmas but no major lines offer good leftys, i need an eb0 from epiphone and pops wont let me get that and have it converted (probabually a good idea)

so heres my question, any one else in this boat? / where are all the cool $3-500 lefty basses?
  2. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
  3. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    There are plenty of good lefty basses out there. Standard Jazzes (the only lefty Fender) are great, but you've got to play one first. Ibanez Soundgear has a decent lefty line. Also check out ebay. The last bass I bought was a (discontinued) Hot Rod P. Never rule out buying secondhand. Even if Fenders aren't your bag, there are a lot of other brands that show up on ebay. Also, one of my next projects will be converting a standard jazz to an unlined fretless. There are plenty of options out there, but you just have to look for them.
  4. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  5. ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    go to southpaw.net

click on "basses"
    scroll down to Schecter and Warwick
  6. iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
  7. ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    I'm a lefty, and so are the two guitarists in my band. But we all play "right-handed", best of both worlds I s'pose.
  8. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    to the thread starter:

just wondering...how long have you been playing?

9. somethingcre8iv

Dec 21, 2004
    4 years on the same ash grey/black rogue. its decent but i need a new one. Im frusterated because all the lefty's are jazz style and thats not neccisarilly my style. I like the feel of the epiphone line but they don't makem lefty. I already converted a jackson dinky to lefty and it works okay but it had a reveseable head and it about $10 for the new nut. Isnt there anything in the bass world that does that? :eyebrow:

(btw, one of the reasons I long for the eb-0 is the reference to it in flcl)
  10. lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
  11. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    I thought they had a lefty Rickenbacker reference too?
  12. somethingcre8iv

Dec 21, 2004
    the rickenbacker reference is only cool if its a hoverboard shotgun baby blue and white, and rbs are waaaay outa my price range.
  13. suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    After 4 years of playing lefty it'd be a bit of a huge step backwards to start again righty...
  14. Read the thread over again, slowly. :rollno: :D

Beautiful 6 by the way. :bassist:
  15. somethingcre8iv

Dec 21, 2004
    I can play righty but only as a last resort. its the difference between a lefty wooten and a righty generic 4 note rockstar.
  16. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    HAHAHA good one.

I am a lefty but I chose to play righty. Only because it's cheaper and I have more of a selection.