1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lefty fretless fiver?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mitsuman47, May 6, 2006.

1. mitsuman47

mitsuman47

Jul 16, 2005
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a bass like this that is <$750US. I can't find one to save my life. I'm not brand loyal (yet), so any brand will do. Thanks. :help:

2. avid

avid born lefty

Jun 22, 2005
    Ashland, Oregon USA
    Wow, I believe you have come up with the combination of the three most difficult requirements when looking to purchase a bass. Then you really make it tough by saying less than $750.

If Carvin can make one for under $750 they are your guys. There was a G&L L2000 lefty fretless on eBay that you could have had for that price a couple of weeks ago.

David

3. mitsuman47

mitsuman47

Jul 16, 2005
    Haha. The trifecta. Love it. Yeah, I'm a little tough to shop for in this department.

I checked out the carvin site and didn't see any lefty fretless. 4 or 5 string. Saw a bunch of righties, though.

I'll try and hunt around for a G&L.

If anyone finds anything, let me know. Thanks for the help.

4. you didn't see any lefties because you didn't select lefty as an option to customize it. you can customize just about any feature on a carvin bass/guitar.

5. mitsuman47

mitsuman47

Jul 16, 2005
    AH! Figured it out. Thanks.

6. mitsuman47

mitsuman47

Jul 16, 2005
    Anyone have experince with Brice? I've never heard of them. Might be worth a shot, eh?

7. nah never heard of them... but carvin is a great choice :D

8. i had a brice six, and it's a solid instrument...i really liked mine

9. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    look for a used Carvin before you order one direct. it can save you big bucks. they pop up on Ebay all the time.