LEFTY MTD 535 #405

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by joe-zawinul, Nov 16, 2004.

1. joe-zawinul

Nov 7, 2004
    Hey all-

New to Talkbass, very cool sight!

I have a 1999 LEFTY MTD 535, and here is the description:

MINT Lefty MTD 535, #405L; beautiful 2 pc Swamp Ash body, "iced tea" finish, killer grain, Wenge fgbd, maple neck, Wenge headstock veneer and matching truss rod and back control/battery covers. This bass lists for $4100.00. The sound is amazing, with plenty of fatness and punch, with piano-like clarity, and an absolute funk machine to boot!
    Here is your chance to own a meticulously cared for lefty MTD, minus the wait.

Also included are 5 sets of Dean Markley Blue Steel 5's, ML 45-128, brand new and sealed!

Bass ships in non-original Guitar Research SKB-type hard case.

Selling this bass for $1600.00 (!!!) Absolutely NO issues with this bass, just have to move it.
    Buyer covers shipping; will accept Paypal (buyer covers fee), P.O. Money Order(s) and Cashier's checks only.

Only trade considered would be for an F bass lefty 5, any color, or lefty Alembic 5, all models except Essence and Epic considered

Have plenty of photos if needed. dkwilson@bellsouth.net

Thanks guys!
  2. is this the same one listed as "sold" over at the bass central website?
  3. joe-zawinul

Nov 7, 2004
    No, but it looks almost identical, except that it has a Wenge fgrbd instead of the maple one on Bass Central.
  4. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    Would love to see some photos. Can you post some ?? Sounds like a beautiful bass. Thanks!!
  5. joe-zawinul

Nov 7, 2004

Would love to post pics, but I tried to upload last night, and it shows that the pics are STILL uploading (the bar on the upload page is still solid green, but nothing is happening, as if it's locked up or something.) I'll even log off of the computer, then come back, try to upload, and the green bar is still there!
    Any help would be much appreciated.
  6. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    Joe just make sure they are no larger than 600x600 and perhaps a .jpg file. The logging off might work. Let us know and thanks for your time !!
  7. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm a lefty....here's a bump for you
  8. joe-zawinul

Nov 7, 2004
    Thanks for the bump! Always good to hear from another lefty.
    There are pics up now, and I have plenty more detailed pics if needed. You will notice that the bass is strung righty, but that can easily be reversed before it's sent off. Thanks for the help, y'all!
  9. Is this bass still available? PM and E-mail sent.
  10. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    No, it's sold. I talked to him a few weeks ago.