Lefty really needs some help.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bobmouse, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Bobmouse

Jan 13, 2003
    I have been looking all over the net for months now for a decent left handed bass. I have tried ordering Jazz basses and more recently I have chased down sting rays. The problem is getting a left handed sting ray is going to take 3 months due to supply issue's. Also the pice of leftys seems to be higher. I look on ebay and ebay.co.uk everyday in hope that some one is selling a decent lefty bass and will ship to the uk. Any advice from fellow left's would be very much apreciated.;).
  2. you could always pick up a righty, turn it upside down and change the strings around...

[edit] silly me... hayfever is getting me all groggy ;)
  3. I think you mean righty don't you microbass.

4. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Altough I'm a lefty who plays righty may I suggest that you look at Southpaw Guitars in Houston, TX? The website states that they ship worldwide. If you look at his basses section he has a few stingrays available. I had a lot of positive experiences with the owner when I frequented his store when I lived in the Houston area about 15 years ago (he has a limited selection of right handed instruments too).

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    basscentral.com usually has some leftys, but I personally dont have any experience with them. after some time of searching i tried to order a Warwick Rocbass 5 Special Edition (LH), but as they only shipped in sixpacks, no dealer wanted to order it here. so i ordered a Corvette Std 6 lh- and i am still waiting for it after over 2 months... so that 3 months you said isnt so disastrous. Mine at least costs about $1550 instead of the $2000 list price, and lefty comes with no extra at Warwick - and you know they are known for quality. you might consider them, too. So happy hunting and happy bassing :bassist: :)
  6. Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    I feel for ya, I also play lefty. I have delt with basscentral and they are wonderful. I have been to southpaw and they have a great selection. They have a website but usually have more in stock then what is listed. I have found their prices to be a little higher then other places. You may want to build a warmoth. I have had great experiences with putting together their stuff. They do ship world wide. I recently put one of their necks on an inexpensive MIM jazz and it made a world of difference. Good luck keep us posted.
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey, I know where a reasonable supply of lefties is...

...someone (actually TWO someones) already mentioned it!

(...check my signature!)