1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lefty really needs some help.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bobmouse, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Bobmouse

Bobmouse

Jan 13, 2003
    I have been looking all over the net for months now for a decent left handed bass. I have tried ordering Jazz basses and more recently I have chased down sting rays. The problem is getting a left handed sting ray is going to take 3 months due to supply issue's. Also the pice of leftys seems to be higher. I look on ebay and ebay.co.uk everyday in hope that some one is selling a decent lefty bass and will ship to the uk. Any advice from fellow left's would be very much apreciated.;).

2. you could always pick up a righty, turn it upside down and change the strings around...

[edit] silly me... hayfever is getting me all groggy ;)

3. I think you mean righty don't you microbass.

Bassis

4. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Altough I'm a lefty who plays righty may I suggest that you look at Southpaw Guitars in Houston, TX? The website states that they ship worldwide. If you look at his basses section he has a few stingrays available. I had a lot of positive experiences with the owner when I frequented his store when I lived in the Houston area about 15 years ago (he has a limited selection of right handed instruments too).

GS

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    basscentral.com usually has some leftys, but I personally dont have any experience with them. after some time of searching i tried to order a Warwick Rocbass 5 Special Edition (LH), but as they only shipped in sixpacks, no dealer wanted to order it here. so i ordered a Corvette Std 6 lh- and i am still waiting for it after over 2 months... so that 3 months you said isnt so disastrous. Mine at least costs about $1550 instead of the $2000 list price, and lefty comes with no extra at Warwick - and you know they are known for quality. you might consider them, too. So happy hunting and happy bassing :bassist: :)

6. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    I feel for ya, I also play lefty. I have delt with basscentral and they are wonderful. I have been to southpaw and they have a great selection. They have a website but usually have more in stock then what is listed. I have found their prices to be a little higher then other places. You may want to build a warmoth. I have had great experiences with putting together their stuff. They do ship world wide. I recently put one of their necks on an inexpensive MIM jazz and it made a world of difference. Good luck keep us posted.

7. Gard

Gard

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Hey, I know where a reasonable supply of lefties is...

...er...

...someone (actually TWO someones) already mentioned it!

:D

(...check my signature!)