Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

legacy peavey rig.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by robb., Nov 19, 2003.

1. been enjoying this discontinued rig in the lab lately.
    it's a peavey classic 400 all tube head and a peavey 810TX cabinet. the bass is a peavey fury VI. very fun to play and exceptionally loud.

[​IMG]

robb.

2. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    I think Peavey is super. I always have. I just hate the fact that they have to make everything so darn heavy. Their basses are super also.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Robb, why was the Classic 400 discontinued? Did it not sell very well?

4. apparently the classic 400 was not widely advertised, so there was no demand for it. hence, sales were very weak.

we also made a tube version of our somewhat popular 'wiggy' solid state guitar amp. the project was cancelled before going to production, however, because we didn't have any orders for it after winter NAMM this year.

of course, we weren't taking orders for it at winter NAMM, so it's kind of hard to have any, but i guess that's beside the point. :rolleyes:

i think we have shed our love for heavy gear. lots of lightweight new stuff coming out.

robb.

5. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    How hard is the classic 400 to find on the used market, and also, about how much does it cost? I'm interested in this amp, but I'd never even heard of it until it was discontinued.

Dirk

6. actually, i think they're pretty difficult to find because

a. not many were made.
    b. most owners are very happy with them
    c. they're so heavy, most people have to buy locally

robb.

7. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Here's my Classic 400. I love it to death!
    [​IMG]

8. very nice.

see what i mean? most people who own one love it, and those who don't have to sell locally.

robb.

9. Man i love that head.

Beautiful. One of the Most powerful all tube bass heads to ever come out.

10. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Robb, glad to hear you guys are going lightweight. Sure helps us AARP-eligible folks!