1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Legal name change, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by peaveyuser, Feb 16, 2008.

1. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    I'm just wondering because I'm tired of my name, nobody seems to pronounce it correct and I'm always getting jokes played on it and therefore becoming a joke. It was fine at first when it was not much but now it seems everybody I meet stops taking me seriosly or showing some respect just because they can find a way to start teasing it and therefore I am a joke to them. I have serious people laugh at it when someone says it a certain way, I am just tired of it:mad:. Whenever I say just cal me {my nickname} they never do and keep mispronouncing mine. I have even been told by some people the only reason they never take me seriously is because my name. My parents really ****** up on my name all it has done is bring me disrespect nobody really thinks it's cool except if they want to be "nice"

Now I'm not saying i will change my name (I'm not convinced yet) but I have thought about it for the future. I like my nickname but it never works being called that. The thing is a legal change might not do much, I really think people would either find out it's not my original name, or the people that do know me would just keep calling me my stupid name.

Those are my thought anybody else have advice or thoughts about getting a legal name change?

(and no I am not posting my real name on a public forum)

2. What's your name?

...At least it's not Earl Fontaine.

Hey! I rhymed. :cool:

*edit* Nevermind. :(

3. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Change it to McLovin.

4. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    The song 'A Boy Named Sue' comes to mind...

If you really don't like your name, then just change it. It's your name and its your life.

5. Eddie T. Head

6. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    :rollno: guys jokes won't make it that funny I've heard quite a few please give some serious opinions

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Whatever. It would take all of about 15 minutes for someone to find out your name.

So you might as well tell us. It would make it easier for us to form an opinion on what you should do.

-Mike

8. I'd suggest "Max Power."

"Nobody snuggles with Max Power. You strap yourself in and feel the "G"s!"

"Kids, there's three ways to do things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!"
    "Isn't that the wrong way?"
    "Yeah, but faster!"

"Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!"

My name is Keith... How about changing it to Keith?

9. what about steve, or Davey, or Nicko, dude make your name Janick.

10. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    :D

BTW I'm not asking for new names, thats my decision. I'm asking what are your thoughts on the whole process?

11. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Go for it if you think it will make people respect you more. However, getting a legal name change is usually a pretty big hassle. Are you even of legal age to do so?

12. Go for it. :)

13. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Do it. Change your name legally. It may take your friends and family a year or so to "remember" consistently to call you by your new name, but you just have to be patient with them during that year. I changed one of my names at age 25 for family reasons, and I've spent a lot of time around people changing their names due to gender reassignment, and it's totally worth it. If ever down the road you change your mind, it's no big deal- just change it back.

14. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Go for the package deal. Sex change and name change. If you look cute as a girl, I'm sure it'll lead to you getting a whole lot more new friends.

15. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    go jump off a bridge:)

16. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    ROFL!!

17. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Well if the nip and tuck isn't an option, how about Hartley based upon your moniker?

18. burn:D

----------------
    Now playing: Datarock - Fa-Fa-Fa
    via FoxyTunes

19. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    :rolleyes: funny guy