1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Legalization of every drug and prostitution. Why not?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by basstotheface, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legalize all drugs, and prostitution. Someone come up with an argument against it please, I am totally one sided in this case and need some help looking at this from a different angle. Because I see no way this is a bad idea.

2. All drugs? That sounds a bit drastic. Prostitution should be legalized though, IMO.

3. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Regarding all drugs, if they are legal, more people will abuse them. That's not a good thing.

4. staying out of this one

5. teleharmonium

teleharmonium

Dec 2, 2003
    Need some definition of terms - do you mean for adults only ? And would they be regulated, and if so, to what extent ?

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    +1!

7. Regulated and taxed. Above 18/21 to indulge.

8. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Yeah that's kind of where I'm coming from as well. (little more info would be helpful) There would be many things needing to be done as to not turn this into an unmitigated disaster, but if done right? Who knows.
    Maybe it would not necessarily be a wonderful thing, but things arent so 'wonderful" right now neither. I'm thinking that maybe it's time to try a different approach to the way we've been handling the drug and prostitution "trades"

9. CpTCrunch

CpTCrunch

May 11, 2011
    Earth Mostly.
    +2

10. Every last drug you can think of. You wanna sniff glue? Bam. Sniff glue. Wanna have a cat pee on your face? Bam. Have a cat pee on your face. Wanna smoke crack? Bam. Smoke crack.

11. +3

12. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

Well, society has been trying to legislate against prostitution for thousands of years and hasn't succeeded yet. Maybe if the legislature and law enforcers gave it another few thousand years they might eliminate it...but somehow I doubt it, maybe they should just admit they're never going to succeed and legalise it. I'm sure that it would solve a multitude of problems surrounding it.

As for drugs, I have seen reports where heroin addicts in Leeds UK were prescribed medical grade heroin by a doctor in a long term trial. Crime in the area went way down, the drug dealers were taken out of the supply chain and apparently addicts were able to hold down reasonable jobs when taken off the 'must get a fix' treadmill. I think that ultimately politicians got cold feet and the trial was axed, but I can see why, I think there is far more research needed into the long term benefits of legalised drugs before you could truly be sure of doing it

13. Papa Dangerous

Papa Dangerous

Feb 1, 2011
    Naturally grown substances that alter consciousness without undergoing an unnatural synthetic process should be legalized. Like cocaine is found in nature, but its only 2% of its potency before chemicals are added and then removed. A process that actually results in two other types of drugs known as freebase and crack. (i believe this is correct) so make the leaves available but not powered cocaine. Only thing I don't think I would like is government regulated drugs. It will turn out bad.. look at cigarettes. Plus there would be tax.. so 10.81 for a dime of pot? Prostitution is a fine idea. It can be regulated so less disease and the safety of the individuals is increased. Hell.. make it a membership club.. Open an account, every 20 sessions of friendly oral activity, get an old classic for free! But then again.. nothing screams classy like fishnets, knee boots, and criminal activity on a street corner.......

14. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

That would seem to exclude you for a few years, wouldn't it?

15. I'm a noble man.

16. boynamedsuse

boynamedsuse Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Well, it should lower taxes. . . .

Might also give a whole different meaning to the term "government inspected."

17. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Yes, I was thinking of it in that way. (not that particular test, but that concept)

18. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Why not? People are going to do ALL the drugs whther theyre illegal or not. This takes the criminal aspect out of being a drug user, not too much else changes.

If people can make the choice to solicit sex why couldnt they make the same choice about inebriating themselves?

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Why legalize all drugs and prostitution?

-Mike

20. The question was, why not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.