1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Legalsounds.com what's the catch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, May 18, 2006.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
  2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Or you could find a good file sharing program and download songs for free.

The catch is that it is illegal. Not sure what the catch with that one is.... except that it supports Commies.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Commies? In Russia?

4. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I've heard that some illegal pay download sites have been popping up. Basically they're charging people who think they are downloading legal music but they are just keeping all the money.

I don't get the commies reference. Was there supposed to be a wink?

5. Wow, it certainly is tough to find places to download legal music huh? So far those that I trust are only amazon and itunes?

6. bui

bui

Feb 24, 2009
    Texas
    That's what I stick to...of course, if you have a decent public library system (or in my case it was a college library), you can check out CDs there and burn them to your HD...if the library doesn't have the CD you want, you can usually fill out a request for the CD, and they'll order from another library...

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It has to be legal because it says it right there in the name.

Seriously though...if the tracks are 9 cents each do you think the artists are actually getting any money?

They're just another in a line of Russian music services that take advantage of Russia's unethical copyright laws (or lack thereof). That way people can feel good about themselves when they rip off the artists because "it's legal".

bc

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have a feeling these are the same chodes that would record shows with crappy recorders and then turn around and sell bootlegs for 50 bucks a pop.

9. Wow, zombie thread.