Legend Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pardi_animal, Jan 17, 2006.

1. has any1 heard of the bass brand Legend...and if so do they make quality bass guitars?
  2. handsome marc

handsome marc Guest

Jan 6, 2006
    Ive been trying to find out about these. I found a jazz copy at a store for $150. A boutique bass it ain't but it's the best $150 bass I'veever played. it's black with a black pickgaurd and a maple fretboard. The headstock is an axact fender copy which I thought was strange. I didn't think they could do that. What's yours like?
  3. theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    I have a legend I tried googling thre name but the logo on the headstock on mine looks different from that of the one I found on the internet site. Anyways it was my first bass and it's a piece of crap. The electronics hum, it needs to be set up. The finished neck feels sticky I could go on. Ripping its frets out seem to be the only thing worth doing to this bass.
  4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    It is a Corean fender copy, i havent seen them here in Spain but in Venezuela friend of mine owns one and it sux.
  5. I'm pretty sure that when i was 14 Aria made the Legend basses, they used to do an awesome sunburst jazz 4-string. The only burst for £120 i could find! I ended up getting and slightly regretting a jim deacon jazz instead.
  6. handsome marc

handsome marc Guest

Jan 6, 2006
    I saw that website too. But the one I have looks different too. If you put mine next to a fentder and removed both headstock logos, the untrained eye would not be able to tell the difference. at least not in a picture. The headstock is an exact fender copy. I thought the put a patent on that a while ago. but my bass looks brand new. I like gigging with it when I have to play at a seed joint where I don't want to take my nicer basses.
  7. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    My first bass was an Aria Legend jazz copy in sunburst. As with the other guys, it had the Fender rip-off headstock. It did me for a while, but the electrics weren't great, the routing for the pickups is a bit ropey, the tuners were bad (they rattled!) and it really needed a good set-up to sort the neck out. The bridge was quite solid though!

The really fustrating thing about it was that everything was just not-quite Fender-sized - different neck pocket dimensions, for example. In the end I defretted it, put a couple of better pickups in it, and bunged a set of flats on. It now sits in a cupboard waiting for me to feel the urge to play fretless.
  8. matt hunt

matt hunt

Dec 16, 2005
    My first bass was a Legend Jazz copy in red. I was in the shop and they had a 2nd hand one for £100 so i bought it but as i walked out the shop I noticed a huge crack from the top of the headstock all the way down to the nut (i'd never even played one before so didn't yet know what to check when buying a bass!!) and I took it back in and they gave me a brand new one for the same price! :)

It's an alright starter bass i guess. I thought it was fine until i played others and i realised the difference. It served me well for a while, nothing went wrong. I think it was pretty heavy!

9. Mine looks exactly like a precision bass very hard to tell em apart and yes mine is a piece of **** aswell just wondering how many ppl had **** basses