1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"Legends of Jazz" on PBS

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Philbiker, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I just caught this show on my PBS HD channel last night featuring Marcus Miller, George Duke, and Lee Ritenour. Amazing! This is the second of the series that I've seen, the first in HD. Check your local listings, this series should not be missed! http://www.legendsofjazz.net

2. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Missed it dammit!!!

Anyone know if it's gonna be on again?? That episode that is.
    Or if it's on YouTube yet!:D

The Brazilion Jazz episode has Abe Laboriel on bass. Hmmm, gotta see that one!

3. I was flipping through the channels the other day, when I saw the episode with Pat Metheny, just as it was ending :rollno:.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Some nice clips on the website of that performance. Abe is one of my favorites!

5. Man I didn't see Miller.
    I did get to see Pat Metheny and another guy Jim Hall, I think, playing jazz guitar. They were awsome. BUT I must admit I kept my eyes and ears on the guys playing the uprights in the back.

I cant wait to see who else is in the line-up.

6. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    I saw the episode with MArcus Miller . I saw the last two tunes. Marcus did some crazy stuff and I had never really listened to him before . He blew my mind. I thought id be witnising some crappy Vic Wooten million note slap thing but it was greatfully taste full. Some of his runs up and down the nexk we amazing