legion sound

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aron86, Mar 15, 2006.

1. aron86

Mar 14, 2006
    i have gotten advice about a setup and the name legion sound was brought to my attention. i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on how good their cabs are.
  2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I thnk these are the same guys as Steel Sound. They are sold by an outfit on EBay, located in Denver named Music Supply Center.

I purchased a set of their 1x15 trapazoid PA cabs. I bought them with crossovers, horns and drivers but no 15's for $180 shipped (the pair). I had an extra pair of JBL 15's that I mounted up.

The cab's are plywood, I would guess 5/8's not 3/4. (It's actually a metric equivalent I suspect) They are pretty extensively braced though. The pole mount cup is plastic.

So I had to enlage the hole for the 15 to fit the JBL Cast frame in place. A stamped frame would have dropped in I would guess. I replaced the ploe mount with a metal one. I pulled the jack plate and the horn. Trimmed the carpet back and glued it down. Then I used black silicon sealant to remount. This all took maybe three hours.

Veridict. A decent set of PA cab's cheap. The carpet isn't heavy duty and I wouldn't just sling 'em around but they'll hold up for a long time the way I use them.

Check out their site, talk to them. I found them to be worth working with.
  3. thrashermatt

Jan 26, 2006
    western mass
    i have a legion 2x10, 1x15 and 4x10, i got these as my first cabs and they are great as first cabs. They sound pretty good for the price, (not as good as higher other brands) but for what they are, i think they rule... my legion 4x10 and 1x15 together sound great!
  4. joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I have used about 40 of their speakers and several cabs, not as high of an SPL on their 15 and 18s , but I've found their tens to be quite good. They have proven to be pretty indestructable if used properly, and not clipped. The Warrior 10, is in my opinion, about the best bang for the buck ten out there, for a guy that doesn't have the cash to buy the higher dollar stuff. I give it a 7.5 overall. Some of the cabs are MDF, but if you don't drop them , or treat them rough, they will last well. The first must on all of them is to replace the plastic jack plate with a steel one however. Then they hold up quite well.