1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Legitimate Ashdown Cab Discussion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassKitty101, Jun 28, 2012.

1. BassKitty101

BassKitty101

Jun 28, 2012
    Oregon
    Endorsing Artist: Luna Guitars, Ashdown Engineering, Cactus Picks
    Hey there talkbass. I'm new here and seeing as I just bought two ABM 8ohm 410's (the new series) I'd like to here everyone's thoughts on them. (personal experience, tales of lore, etc.)
    I really enjoy them thus far and I'd like to know the up's and down's of this series of cabinets.
    NOT the mag series.
    I use a pf500 with them if you need the info.

2. BassKitty101

BassKitty101

Jun 28, 2012
    Oregon
    To clarify,
    One of the main questions I have is how much juice can you give these cabs before getting to the speaker death threshold? These are the first cabs I've ever gotten which I would consider "pro" grade so I am not all that sure of limitations.

3. Zakk007

Zakk007

Jun 27, 2006
    Love my ABM 810, been a solid workhorse for about 6 years so far with no problems, I play in a pretty noisy rock band and have never had any issues in cutting through or felt I'm driving it too hard... Lots of big bands use the ABM cabs, Foo Fighters, System Of A Down, Pino Palladino, Buckcherry etc so wouldn't worry about it not being up to the job...

4. I had an older MIE Ashdown ABM410 years ago. Great cab that could push some serious wattage. My rig back then was an RPM1 preamp and QSC RMX1450 bridged and that cab didn't break a sweat. Only reason I got rid of it was the weight.

Ashdown makes some fine products. Too bad they don't get more love here as it's as good as anything else available.

5. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I also had an older ABM 410 years ago and loved it...I wish I still had that cab...

6. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    My church has a ABM410/ABM500 combo weighing in at about 120 pounds. It never moves. I will say the cab sounds great and handles the low B as good as anything.

7. BassKitty101

BassKitty101

Jun 28, 2012
    Oregon
    Think an ABM 500 will push the two ABM 410's good enough?

8. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I have been using two ABM 8 ohm 410s cab on and off for over 14 years (On occasion I use other Ashdown rigs as well) and I have never ever had an issue with how they sound and I use a ABM EVO 500 head with it as well.

Ashdown endorser(over 14 years).

9. BassKitty101

BassKitty101

Jun 28, 2012
    Oregon
    I have a Luna Andromeda Dragon bass guitar which is active and has two pickups. It's a pretty unique instrument and I am dying to try it out through a full stack and ABM 500.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The speaker death threshold is no doubt listed by Ashdown in their literature. But in real life, I've played very few 410's that can take more than 400-500w tops. That's because speaker death and fartout are two different things.

11. BassKitty101

BassKitty101

Jun 28, 2012
    Oregon
    Yeah I don't plan on playing that stupid loud haha. And even if I need to I have two 410's so I assume that is more than enough volume.