1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lehle D Loop possible issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FronTowardEnemy, Jul 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    I have reached out in an email to Lehle and am awaiting a response but I figured I would post here to see if any one knows if this is normal or not with this unit.

I recently acquired a D Loop and have it set up on my board utilizing both loops A and B. I have my bass plugged into a Line6 G30 wireless system going straight into the D Loop. When everything is bypassed (no LEDs illuminated on the D Loop), everything sounds great just as if I am plugged straight into my amp. Also sounds great with either or both loops engaged.

When I plug my bass straight into the D Loop with an instrument cable (bypassing the line6 G30), I get tone suck as if someone has laid a thick heavy blanket over my bass amp. All highs disappear and the lows are very dark and muddy. This happens with or without either of the loops engaged although not as bad with the loops engaged but still not tolerable.

I have tried using cables from 6" to 20' with the same tone sucking results.

If I engage the "Buffer" switch the tone gets bright and all my low end diminishes getting lost in the mix. There is no bass note weight while this is engaged, or very little at that.

If I bypass the D Loop entirely either wirelessly or with a instrument cable my signal has almost no tone degration.

Is this common with the D Loop? I bought it with the intention of using my pedal board with my tube amps with the option of being able to bypass the pedals with little to no tone loss.

Otherwise with the Line6 G30 wireless the D Loop sounds as if the bass is going straight through to the amp.

Just for reference my pedal board set up is as follows.
    Fender Jazz Bass>line6 G30 or cable>D Loop in>loop A>Tech 21 Para Driver>VT Bass Deluxe (utilizing the effects loop of the VT deluxe with a Boss chorus)>Loop B>Fdeck HPF>D loop out>amp

All power is supplied with a BBE Supa Charger.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021