1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lehle popping noise: power source?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BobaMosfett, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Hi folks,

My Little Lehle is sometimes making an awful popping noise when switching between bypass or loop. I searched the interwebs for a solution, and in the manual (pdf from lehle-site) it is advised to use a dedicated power source for the little lehle. By the way, it only needs power for the LEDs.

So my board was powered by a single 1-spot with a daisy chain, wich could be the cause. I decided to try it at home, with a seperate 1-spot for the lehle, wich seemed to solve the problem.

Now here's my question: I'm considering buying a T-rex fuel tank Junior (It is supposed to have isolated outlets, and I only have 9V pedals), but would the result be the same? Or do I need a really dedicated power source for the Lehle?

Thanks for your interest!

2. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    T-Rex junior should be fine.

Try to use Lehle without power source and check if it still pops.

3. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Generally speaking, isolated outlet = dedicated power source. Same results.

4. Ah, thanks! I wasn't sure, but this clears it up.

I'm ordering the T-rex...

5. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    yes, my little lehle made a popping noise, too. when i mailed burkhard (company owner/designer/engineer) his advice was to not use the pedal in a daisy chain.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020