1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD LEHLE RMI Basswitch Sonic Spark

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by devnulljp, Sep 20, 2016.

1. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    Price:
    FS: LEHLE RMI Basswitch Sonic Spark
    Great preamp pedal. Bought it to try to replace my Basswitch IQ/DI as it's a lot smaller and uses the same preamp. It's a great sound, adds harmonic overtones to your signal like a tube amp. I wish they would build it into the IQ, but I can't live without the DI, so passing it along.

Includes the original box, so you can take it to practice and impress your bandmates.

US$220 shipped USA / Canada

1_zpsfcbngyyk.gif

2. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Great pedal!

Dee-man likes this.
  3. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I absolutely love mine! BTW, the Sonic Spark is very different from the preamp in the IQ. The IQ's preamp is at the very beginning of the chain, and is a 4-band EQ. Conversely, the Sonic Spark is a tonal enhancer that is designed to respond and sound like a great tube-preamp. I keep my Sonic Spark in the serial loop of the IQ so that my whole chain passes through the SS magic. Have you considered using both together?

4. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Is this something like a BBE Sonic Maximizer?

5. devnulljp

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    That's a good idea.
    The RMI site says it uses the same pre as the IQ, but I'm going to give your suggestion a try -- might end up keeping it then.
    Thanks

Ricky Caboverde likes this.
  6. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    The website does indeed say that, but they're simply referring to the JFET input stage (very transparent); after that, both of these guys are totally different and absolutely awesome together :thumbsup:

7. JCooper

JCooper

Oct 21, 2009
    Vermont
    want….very much.

devnulljp likes this.
  8. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I have one on the way(Stuck in Customs from Germany)

Wish I would have seen this sooner. Great Deal for a Sonic Spark

9. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    That thing is killer! I can't do anything 'til next Thursday but if you still have it then we'll for sure be talking. You in or near Vancouver?

devnulljp likes this.
  10. devnulljp

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    I still have this bump

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021