Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lemieux announces retirement

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jan 24, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
  2. :crying:

I knew it was coming, but it's still painful. Thanks, Super Mario.

3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Now I don't get to see him plays when he comes back to the Bell Centre in March. I have tix to the Pitts game. At least I'll see Crosby.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    He should have done it at the end of last season.

Robataille will probably retire after the olympic break, since he finally beat Dionne's record.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    He's retired, again, then?

6. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    If not for injuries and cancer, Mario would have shattered Gretzskys career numbers.

Look how many games Mario played compared to Wayne......

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Hopefully he will remain active with the Pens, although it doesn't look like it with their pending sale.

I got to see the Pens get hammered earlier this season by NJ. Although not nearly as nimble, you didn't know where he was going to put the puck next. He was also the only player laying into the Devils (for that game).

I'm pretty sure he still has shares in the (class AA) Altoona Curve baseball team. Hopefully, he will be making more appearences out this way!

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You would be correct. My aunt and uncle live across the street from the stadium!

-Mike

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I think I remember you mentioning that once...maybe I've parked on their lawn for a game before!

It's kind of amazing, that being a hockey superstar has also led Mario to be a somewhat successful businessman. The man doesn't even have a high school diploma!