Lemmy Kilmister sound Boss ME-50B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Peter de Haas, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Peter de Haas

Peter de Haas

Mar 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hello,

Is there someone who knows how to make a preset in the Boss ME-50B effect pedal for the Lemmy Kilmister sound in Ace Of Spades?

I tried it myself but not even getting close..

Thanks for your help,

Peter

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    More importantly, what kind of bass are you playing, what strings are you using, and what is your amp/cab setup?

3. Peter de Haas

Peter de Haas

Mar 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I play the american Fender Jazz bass build 2005, Hartke 5000 amp with 4x10" and 1x15" cabinets.

Strings.. Rotosound 45

4. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    The strings are the right sound.
    I'd only use the bridge pickup and play near the bridge itself or start looking for a used Ric.
    I don't know that the Boss is going to get you anywhere near that distortion sound, but I'd look at the distortion sounds you have and work around the treble/mids/bass on the pedal and the amp. Drive the tube preamp hard to get his tube sound injected into the SS back end of your amp.

5. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    I would say a quick fix to ape the overdriven Marshall sound would to boost 700Hz and above when using dirt and cut some lows below that. Or find an overdrive that does that like a TS. On the ME-50B you may want to try the overdrive, distortion, or HI-Drive settings with the tone knob clockwise to push those higher mids. Good Luck! I've been chasing that tone for years.

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    You could try either the distortion effect or the metal effect. while you're added, boost some mids. lemmy has been known for boosting mids on his marshall amp.

7. Peter de Haas

Peter de Haas

Mar 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Ok.. I will try that this week. I tried the mids and the highs but losing low bass than but I try the mids only. Enough tips to try. Thanks everybody for replying! Peter

8. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The boss me-50b has a direct control on the distortion section. it's labelled d.level and it should be able to bring more lows to the distortion effect you use. try dialing that in along with a steady balance of lows and highs on the eq section.

9. ReiPsaeg

ReiPsaeg

Dec 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Lemmy's sound was more a product of running those Marshall heads through guitar cabs rather than a particular string or bass.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  10. Peter de Haas

Peter de Haas

Mar 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Guys, I'm sorry I've been away for a few years but thanks for al the replies.. :)