Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lemon gum =P

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bardolph, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    So my mom came home from the grocery store the other day and I saw that she had gotten me some gum,which she usually does. But this was a new lemon flavor and she thought I might like it. I put one piece in my mouth and cringed. It's like a chewy cough drop, but worse because it has no real sugar in it. If you ever see lemon gum, be sure to avoid it. I'm thinking of taking a poll at school and giving out pieces and seeing how many people hate it vs. how many actually like it. If it yields interesting results maybe I'll post them here. Stay tuned for an exciting update...

2. I saw this Lemonade flavored gum...sounded good:meh:

3. this reminds me of the time i found the two awesomest flavors of chips ever...

cheeseburger and dill pickle :p

scary thing is, they were actually pretty good!

and also, there are those new lime flavored tortilla chips, mmmmmmmmmm

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    buttered popcorn Mike and Ikes!

we had these once, and they were surprisingly good, though I couldn't get over the fact that someone would flavor something like that!

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Get with the program man, those have been around for YEARS, tehy are especially good with guac

6. well they're new to me

:spit:

7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

I told him the same thing :p

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Its all about Nacho Cheese Doritos and Cheddar And Sour Creme chips.

9. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    The Works Baked Potato Chips

Nuff said.

10. Guac. Dorito's are yummy...

I wanna try the "hint of lime" tortilla chips.

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Speaking of guac.

I just made some KILLER guacamole.

2 avocados
    Spicy SPIKE brand seasoning
    regular SPIKE brand seasoning*
    a 'hint' of lime
    dash of sea salt
    dash of garlic
    2 spoonfuls of PACE picante(medium)

whew, it was GOOOOOD

went well with the burritos we made(that had my famous spicy sautéed onions ;)

I'm starting to really like cooking:D

oops gotta go clean up!

*Spike Seasoning Is a multi seasoning that I use a lot, it's very savory and is a pretty darn good blend of a lot of different flavors, in conjunction with some extra pepper, some garlic, and some good salt, you have yourself a killer seasoning combo.

12. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Salsa Verde Doritos. period.

13. Gatorade use to make some lemon/lime flavored gum. It was really good, kinda sour. But didn't last too long.

My favorite chip flavor: Kruncher's Jalapeno. Too bad my local market doesn't sell them anymore. But sometimes I find them in the vending machines at my job:mad:

14. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Results of the poll are in!

Ok, I polled 8 guys and 8 girls from high school, cause I only had 16 pieces of gum.

ECLIPSE LEMON ICE CHEWING GUM

Guys:
    Like- 3
    Dislike- 5
    Undecided- 0

Girls:
    Like- 1
    Dislike- 5
    Undecided- 2

People who had initial reaction of saying "It tastes like a cough drop"- 12

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey reasonbass.....I remember that Gatorade gum. The Big 5 sporting goods around here stll sell it. It tastes good for about 20 seconds, so you have to buy about 10 pieces at a time.

I generally like citrus flavored things, so I might enjoy the gum you speak of.

Anyone tried the ketchup flavored chips? How about black pepper? I am always amazed at the plethora of flavors available nowadays. I laugh at the ones they name for cities famour for a certain flavor. How about KC BBQ, or Maui Onion, Santa Fe Ranch. I can remember when it was limited to basically Doritos, sour cream and onion, BBQ, and plain. Oh yeah, the cheeto's too. But those were plain cheese flavored.

-Mike

16. If it's eclipse of course its gonna taste cough dropish...they want a strong breath-altering flavor.

17. sorta on topic...

anyone ever tried eating a whole packet of those paper thin breath strips at once? whew, if that doesn't open your sinuses up nothing will :smug:

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    DEFELDUS....try a heeping spoonful of Horseradish to open up them sinuses also! :D

-Mike

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Where is that barf smiley when you need it? I did some tech support for one of our Canadian plants, and they sent me a case of ketchup flavored Doritos. YUCK! They sound OK in theory, but they are AWFUL in real life.:spit:

Some of our plants outside the continental US make some strange flavors.

Hawaii has shrimp flavored chips, and watermelon flavored cracker jacks. Mexico has a lot of strange flavors, but most are citrus, with lots of variations of lime and whatever. Even stranger stuff from the European and Asian plants.

20. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Has anybody heard of the Jones turkey and gravy flavored soda? Apparently the people who got to try it really liked it.