Lemon oil wipes

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Timbo, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Does anyone know if these have TOO MUCH lemon oil, because I wanna clean my bass and I dunt wanna hit up the store to get lemon oil, and per chance I have some chilling ruond my house
  2. Don't use Lemon Oil on your bass. It dries out the wood. Find fingerboard oil.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Real as in "pure" lemon oil is fine.

The trouble with the stuff you find with almost all the "lemon oil" products sold for household use is that they contain petroleum ingredients/distillates. I've never found pure lemon oil in a grocery store.

I get "real" lemon oil at health food stores or the places that specialize in vitamins.
  5. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Lemon Oil: BAD Stelling Glyde-Cote Polish: GOOD Watco Danish Oil: GOOD Use a drop or so of the Danish Oil on your fretboard sparingly and very occasionally. The Glyde-Cote works great on the bass and IMHO is head and shoulders above any other guitar polish I have ever used. Having said that, the new Fender polish made by Maguirers looks promising, but I haven't tried it yet.
  6. Is there any difference between Watco Danish oil and any other brand. Has it got to be that particular make.