Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lemon

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by air_leech, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    no, not what you think, but rather a real lemon.

I've been told that lemon oil is the best way to go as far as cleaning fretboards (except maple of course) and for returning the shin to Warwick's brass frets.

I been told that this oil should be compraised of only natural lemon juices.

now for the question:

can I just squeeze a fresh lemon, use the lemon liquids to wet a cloth and go on cleaning the fretboard?

2. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    I think I read on an other thread that it's just oil that's scented like lemons.

Although I believe the lemon juice would definitely add that nice lemony smell we so crave in our kitchens and bathrooms. :D

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    No. Lemon juice is more acid and water than oil. Bad news for you fretboard. craaaack.

4. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    right, I meant to say that lemon oil was just lemon scented oil. Sorry bout that

5. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    alright, well put
    what should I use then to clean my fretboard and buff the frets?

6. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Try doing a search here on the subject, it's been done before. IIRC, boiled linseed oil was one suggestion.

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Do a search. This topic has been covered several times. You should find everything you need to know that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.