1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lemur Catalina Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bassvi, Feb 28, 2008.

1. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    Anyone have experience with these instruments? They have them onsale this weekend, I'm thinking of trying to purchase one for the school I work at- are they worth it?
    Every dealing I have had with Lemur has been first-rate, but I'm a little hesitant purchasing an instrument without playing it first! Any reviews on tha Catalina would be welcomed.

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I bought one of their Solano plywood basses for my school - absolutely solid, well set up etc; Having said that, it's one thing buying a $1400 ply "off the rack" and another to spend several thousand more. You could ask what their trial policy is.

Louis

3. JayR

JayR

Nov 9, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've noodled around on some of the chinese made basses at Lemur the few times I've been there in recent years. They're very nice instruments for the price range. Nothing super fancy, mind you, but if I was in the market for a lower-budget bass I wouldn't hesitate at all to pick up one of them.

They're very well put together, in my opinion, Lemur does a lot of personal work on them when they get them in. The scrolls come blank, if I recall, and Lemur puts in the tuners, fits the bridge, does the tailpiece, all that jazz, in house.