Lemur Music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bijoux, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    I have been buying stuff from Lemur for about 7 or 8 years, and I just realized that more than half the time I've had bad experiences. I am sure it's not true for everyone, but maybe I just got bad luck. A few times they completedly lost my orders, in one occasion it took over 3 months to get a bag for my GK. Many times the item I ordered was back ordered and I wasn't told anything, so in a few cases it took me about 10 to 15 days only to find out that it was backordered even though their website says that it is in stock. At least a while back their customer service was great, but now there is a guy called Richard something, that can't even be nice when it's clearly their fault and when I could have gotten what I wanted a lot sooner from another source.
    That is the one thing when you become big, I haven't consider buying from other sources because I always know that Lemur is the store that has everything, but from now on I am going to look elsewhere.
  2. Well, I've bought from Lemur at least six times over the past four years, and each time, everything has gone smoothly, I've received the goods on time, and the people I've dealt with at Lemur have been very helpful, so either I've been incredibly lucky, or you've been most unfortunate - I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with Lemur. I speak as I find…

- Wil
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002

4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i just bought some strings from them, i went very well

sorry you had to go through that stuff :(
  5. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    I've only bought strings there but it always went very smoothly and fast!
  6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Same here...can't explain your run of bad luck. They've been great everytime I've ordered something...super fast.
  7. Had a bad experience just last week. Lemur were quick OK - quick to get an order out without me agreeing the shipping cost and giving the go-ahead. It cost me over 40 bucks to have a set of strings shipped to the UK and I'm still awaiting an explaination as to why they sent the order without my OK. Have just ordered a comparable set of strings from Bob G which in total will end up costing me $50 less - I know who I'll be going back to.......!
  8. Lemur is into service and satisfaction.If your not satified you can always ask to speak with the owners, either Jerry or Toni who will bend over backwards to help. I have been dealing with them and the previous owner for fourteen years, never a problem.
  9. I buy stuff from Lemur all the time. I can report nothing but good experiences, although I mostly buy small off the shelf stuff like strings and music. Their turn around time (for me at least) is freakish. One time I placed a web order in the PM, and the strings were on my door step the next morning. I swear. One comment though is that their web store needs major organizational help. My two cents, Jon

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I have always been happy with the service at Lemur Music. I have only had one problem in the last 4 years, and it had more to do with the shipper than Lemur. I just received my AMT from them. Came right on time!
  11. Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Thanks guys, it's probably just my luck. I can't help but to feel frustraded, but it seems like it's just a case of coincidence that I've had problems quite a few times.
    Thanks again.
  12. Leco reis

Leco reis

Sep 2, 2004
    Astoria, NY
    I always had good luck with lemur too.
    My problem is UPS they put sticker in my door and never ring .
    I hate UPS
  13. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    I have bought many items from Lemur, including a bass. Everything was shipped quickly and there were never any problems returning a few items either. I did pick up the bass as I do not live far away from the store. I even brought a bass I was having a problem with to their luthier. It was a minor problem and they fixed it for free. How about that?

I think, as mentioned previously, you need to talk with Jerry or Toni, the owners about this.