Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lend me your ears

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by my name is mud, Nov 18, 2004.

1. my name is mud

my name is mud

Jul 2, 2004
    WI
    Well I recored a few things I did a few days ago with my bass and a casio CTK-515, I just used a mic to pick it all up so the quality isn't all that great and the beats are kinda old school but hell its all I got to play with untill I get a drummer lol...Tell me what ya think for almost a year of playing? I got 5 tracks up on http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/crystalmaze.htm
    oh and one more question...what kinda music would yall classify this as?

Suggest: Lost in space, Haze, Terri's song.

2. my name is mud

my name is mud

Jul 2, 2004
    WI
    my god outta all the people who read this thread I couldn't even get a "wow you really suck, Quit now and save your self the time!"

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Wow you really suck, quit now and save your self the time!

Pretty solid for only a year playing. Good. You might try venturing out of the pentatonic scale from time to time, and also your playing doesn't really suggest any forward movement musically. It just kind of sits there and scratches itself.

Nice job. Good tone. Solid time. Now inject some personality into it.

4. my name is mud

my name is mud

Jul 2, 2004
    WI
    I think the lack of personality would be because of the same drum loop over and over...if I had some change in the drums durring the song i think I could sound alot better...but yeah im poor and can't buy a good drum sequencer or a drumkit at that :crying:

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    +1.

although i think you do have personality in your playing, it just sounds segmented.