Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lenny White f/Chaka Khan

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DWBass, Aug 29, 2005.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Just thought I'd share this tune. It's a cover of Bernard Wright's "Who Do You Love" as performed by Lenny White and vocals done by Chaka Khan. The bassist is Marcus Miller and he's playing a wicked solid slap line! Nothing flashy but damn solid!

Click here for download

It's on this 2 cd set.
    [​IMG]
    CD Info

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    the album that that track is from, "present tense", is really good. definitely worth checking out if you havent heard it.

3. pauljacksonfan

pauljacksonfan

Jun 14, 2005
    It's definetly a cool track. But I always thought Lenny White himself played bass on that one due to the fill-less-ness of the whole thing. I konw he plays some bass on that record and he's a mean slapper. He's actually the one who got Stanley into slapping in the first place so you know he's gotta have something. Anyway, if you say it's Marcus then it probably is. Nice to know someone else digs the track as well.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

The credits say it's Marcus and it sure sounds like Marcus! You know Marcus when you hear him!