1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Leo Quan Badass vs Hipshot A vs BA vs Babicz bass bridges?

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington [archive]' started by shushi_boi, Aug 6, 2012.

1. shushi_boi

shushi_boi

Aug 6, 2012
    Yuma Az
    Alright, I have had just recently bought a Fender Jazz bass (4 String) and I made it my sole mission right now to modify it and make it a unique, one of a kind classical instrument, I had recently bought a couple core x2 cables and a marshall amplifier to go along with it and I plan to buy pick up upgrades and change the wood type of my bass (mostly maple), and etc.

I have never known the difference between different types of bass bridges nor am I an excerpt to determine the difference these parts could make on my bass guitar. :confused: I need guidence to know the pros and cons of these different brands if possible, because I don't plan to buy all those brands and go through all the trouble installing them (I don't have a lot of money) :p so may you tell me everything you know? And may I know what makes each brand unique from the other three to make it easier to choose the right pick? :)

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Hey sushi,

I'm not sure if I'm the right person to ask about bridges. I don't have much experience buying and swapping out bridges.

When I was younger I put the Badass bridges on my Fender basses. At that time they were the only drop-in replacement for Fenders so I didn't have any research to do.

Of course now I have basses with Hipshot and ABM bridges but they came on the basses so again, I didn't have to do any research.

Here's my 'guess',...

The material the bridge is made out of matters. The weight is important. Maybe the color too. And I would guess that the amount of 'travel' for adjusting string height and intonation is important.

I'm sure others will chime in.

If I were you I'd ask a lot of luthiers.

peace,
    anthony

3. shushi_boi

shushi_boi

Aug 6, 2012
    Yuma Az
    That's awesome anthony,
    and it's also great to keep that in mind, well this was my first post and I also hope to deepen my knowledge in all of the nature of the Jazz bass, I thank you for all your help and assistance.

Sushi