Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Leonard Little = Dirtbag

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Apr 26, 2004.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
  2. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Yeah, but he's a professional athlete. Everybody know that the law doesn't apply to them.

3. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    I reckon he won't get off scot free this time. the nfl at least will enforce some sort of penalty.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Out of football.

insane. IMO, he should still be in jail.

5. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    wow- that's @@@@@ terrible- how many people do you have to kill before it gets into your thick skull? i realize people make mistakes, but still, killing someone is probably THE biggest mistake you can make. you'd think he could afford to take a cab or something. :confused:

Mod:Watch the language

6. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Yeah they might suspend him half the season :rolleyes:
    He killed someone already while driving with a BAC almost twice the legal limit, why isn't he still in jail? And I wonder what little jail time he'll serve this time.

The special treatment professional athletes receive disgusts me. This guy already killed someone, and got caught again, and will most likely just get off with a slap on the wrist. I wonder if he'll get a suspended license. I wonder if his license was suspended the first time... they didn't mention it so I doubt it. He'll probably be driving around again in half a year :rolleyes:

7. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    bummer. hope they burn him at the stake.

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    People! You aren't paying attention.

He won't get any real penalty because the law is for the little people. The rich and the famous have no law. The first girl I developed a crush on was murdered by her step father. Her name was Andrea Wilburn. He got off, despite mounds of evidence that all said he did it plus witnesses and survivors who all said he did it.

At the time he was the richest person ever to have been charged with murder in America. OJ Simpson finally topped him.

I joke that the rich don't have to live by the same laws as us. But sometimes the joke isn't.

9. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    so what's the solution?

I'm all for an anti-rich criminal vigilante squad. who's in?

10. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I'm in.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Let's dig this thread up again......look at what our boy Leonard got away with: Leonard Little was found not guilty . Here is another story about it on ESPN: Leonard Little failed several field sobriety tests .

His lawyers defense was that he was not given the proper instructions during the field sobriety test? I guess that is why he paid the big bucks to his lawyer....to get him off on a technicality. The trial was no longer about whether or not this idiot was drunk driving, it was about whether or not he was given the right instructions?

-Mike

12. The Rams should cut him anyway, and the league should blacklist him. Let's see him get a job outside of the NFL with the record he has.

13. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I'm a huge Rams fan and I'm dissapointed that this guy is not in jail.

If anyone of us would have killed that women in 1998 while DUI we would still be in prison.

It's all about the $$$.