1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Les Claypool 3/18 Denver

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Gress, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Anybody else going to the March 18th show at the ogden theater in denver? Anybody been to that venue before?

2. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I saw him in Cincy last year. You are in for a treat sir, it was a really good show.

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I've seen Claypool many many times. If this is your first time, you'll enjoy it. If it's not your first time you'll enjoy it. How's that for a nothing post?

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    First rock and roll show ever for me. I even paid for it with dimes and nickles collected over the last two years. I hope it will be good.

5. I have seen les play at the airforce academy and at red rocks.

The ogden is a good medium size venue, not too big. You should have a blast

My name is Joe too, and I am in the springs

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    At the academy Eh?

Is a open floor concert hall, or are there seats?

Oh snipes, another one! That's too cool man, you play in any groups I know?

7. seating in Arnold hall

young white teenagers, public enemy, Primus, and Anthrax 1991 or 92 I can't quite remember.

I play in no groups, i am a novice

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Less than eight hours. Man I'm goin nuts here.

9. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Well??

10. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    One word. WOW!!!

Those guys put on one hell of a show. I have never seen anything like that in my life. The percussion and drums were as tight as can be, and skerik on sax was absolutely insane! And les's bass playing is just all the more fantastic when your ten feet from him. The guys jammed for about two hours playing frog brigade, les's solo stuff, and some primus tunes. He even played too many puppies:)D) on the bass banjo! Sounded more like a fun sing along instead of a mosher, but boy it got the sea moving! Les is the only person I know that can start a mosh going on a solo banjo. I don't remember the set list too well, 'cause I was having way too much fun to pay attention, but the best song of the night were definitely John the fisherman and cosmic highway. Everybody just went apes**** when less played the opening riff of john the fisherman. So much fun! Except I inhaled more pot that night than any other time of my life, and I wasn’t smoking anything. If you haven’t seen Claypool, it’s wee worth it, he put’s on a awesome show. :bassist:

11. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas

I know what you mean. I've seen claypool once or twice with and without primus, and it's always a great show. Gonna see him at the end of the month in the ATX (Austin, TX)!!

WOOT!:D

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Not to brag but I saw the Frog Brigade play Pink Floyd Animals in its entirety. :smug: I won't miss a Claypool show. He's one of the most consistent performers around.