Les Claypool and King Crimson fans, you gonna wet your self when you read this...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Nov 29, 2002.

1. This was taken from my dads KC fanclub site

"Tuesday night at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, Ohio, Les Claypool and his band the Frog Brigade were joined onstage for the first time by one of Les' heroes and musical inspirations, guitarist and singer Adrian Belew of King Crimson. The Frogs have been performing Crimson's "Thela Hun Ginjeet" (originally on KC's "Discipline" album in 1981) since the band's inception two years ago. Recorded performances are included on their "Live Frogs-Set 1" from last year, and their opening of the recent "Bonnaroo DVD" as well.

Belew appeared on stage after the third song of the set, dressed in red footsie pajamas with dinosaurs on it, and a silver pith helmet with frontal rhino horn, as the band launched into "Thela." He hung for four more tunes in the set, including three from Claypool's 1996 release "Les Claypool and the Holy Mackerel-Highball With the Devil," including "Highball," "Holy Mackerel," and "Calling Kyle." He played on "D's Diner" from the new cd "purple Onion" as well. Adrian came back out for the encore of the Beatles' "Taxman" to end the show."
  2. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I'm a huge KC fan and very much a fan of Les Claypool and the various stuff that he's done. I'm not "wetting myself" over this.. but I am rather jealous. I think it's very cool that Les got a chance to play with Adrian. I'd love to hear a recording of this.

3. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Adrian Belew is one of my favorites.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

ROFL, I love it! Would've loved to have seen the show, too.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Someone had to have recorded this! If anyone finds a bootleg of this out there please share!

brad cook
  6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I was supposed to see that very show in Columbus, but opted to drive up to Cleveland that same night to see Peter Gabriel w/ Tony Levin instead. I'm a big Belew fan, but I still think I made the better decision . . .
  7. Your dad runs Krimson News? Bitchin'.
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    *checks pants*