1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Les Claypool and the Coup?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Squashtail2, May 12, 2006.

1. Squashtail2

Squashtail2

Mar 28, 2006
    I'm interested in a show at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach featuring Les Claypool and the Coup. Can anyone give me the scoop on the Coup, or maybe tell me who they are? Also, I have never beem to a Primus or Les Claypool concert so if anyone could give me the heads up on what to expect that would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. The Coup is a rap group. I think they're from Oakland. I saw a show a couple years ago with Claypool, DJ Disk, and the guitarist from Motherbug where one of the vocalists from the Coup was rapping here and there. I assumed Claypool met them through Disk. I think the Coup had some controvery at one point over some of their albulm cover art at one point. I haven't really heard much of their stuff though.

3. havik180

havik180

Oct 9, 2005
    SF bay area
    Yeah they're from oakland , originally a trio now just a duo . Pretty good stuff , lyricly and they have some good basslines too. check out the songs "fat cats , bigga fish" and "me and jesus the pimp in a '79 granada last night"

http://www.amazon.com/Coup/artist/B000AQ3DE4/002-7335428-3569604

I'd go see 'em cuz they are sorta unique in rap as is Les in rock/alt.

4. Squashtail2

Squashtail2

Mar 28, 2006
    So was the Coup good? Good combination with Les? I don't think that I can pass this up regardless of how bad/good the Coup is.

5. The Coup is good man... Have no fear. I don't know how they would compliment Les, but who cares... :)